Deepen your understanding, practice and integration of Ayurveda!
We are now offering our 5-Part Principles of Health Program Online!
If you have participated in an Ayurvedic Educational Program or are looking to join one in the future, Principles of Health will offer you clarity on the foundations of practice in easy to follow presentations with links to further studies and support.
With handouts, bonus videos, accountability charts and weekly support this program will not only give you the insight and tools to work and share with others but will springboard your personal healing practice to a new level!
Lesson 1-Intro to Ayurveda
- Core objectives of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda’s holistic definition of health
- The seven layers or ‘koshas’ of existence
- Causes of disease outlined in the Charak Samhita
- Origins of disease from elemental imbalances and their manifestation in our physical body.
- Ayurvedic practices: including five sense therapy, Dinacharya (daily regimen), and healthy eating habits.
- Three pillars of life and four goals of life from an Ayurvedic perspective
Lesson 2- Five Element Theory
- Creation of elements through the vibration known as ‘Om’.
- Importance of five sense therapy in Ayurvedic practices.
- 24 principles of Sankhya philosophy: the dialogue of opposites
- Understanding purusha and prakriti
- The three gunas of creation, preservation, and destruction
- The five elements (earth, water, fire, air, ether)
- The Doshas: Vata, Pitta, Kapha, and their qualities.
- Introduction to opposite therapy: an Ayurvedic approach to counterbalance imbalances and promote overall health.
Lesson 3- Dosha and Signs of Imbalance
- Detailed examination of the three Doshas: Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- Understanding the specific activities governed by each Dosha
- Symptoms associated with Dosha imbalances
- Role of Doshas in cellular functions
- Impact of Dosha combinations on qualities
- Understanding of Dosha imbalances
- Four areas of focus in Ayurvedic practice
- Qualities associated with each Dosha
- Introduction to subdoshas and their specific functions
- Detailed exploration of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha subdoshas
- Connection of Doshas and subdoshas to emotions and internal organs
- Importance of digestive fire or Agni in Ayurveda
- The role of Rasa (taste)
- Prevention and treatment of diseases through understanding of Dosha balance
Lesson 4- Agni (Understanding Your Digestion)
- Agni’s critical role in digestion and nutrient absorption
- Influence of diet, digestive signs, and seasonal eating depending upon quality of Agni
- Four types of Agni (balanced, irregular, excessive, sluggish) with distinct impacts on health.
- Importance of practices like tongue cleaning and eating only when hungry for maintaining Agni
- Need for careful observation of digestive patterns and awareness of food and lifestyle choices.
- Emphasis on addressing health imbalances at their root
Lesson 5- Toxins and How to Get Rid of Them
- How toxins build up in the body
- Signs of imbalance
- Ama reducing diet and lifestyle practices
- Tips to share with others
- How to get rid of ama for good
Each week you will receive a new module with all the details on how to implement the practices at home. It's almost like having a personal guide for the month!
Don't miss this opportunity to experience the joys of healthy living in the comfort of home through the knowledge shared in our best selling Principles of Health Program! Let the journey to wellness start today!